Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Shark Tank Response

   In response to my Shark Tank Proposal, I would say the grade that I received was fair and the feedback was duly noted and helpful. After watching myself speak, I can definitely say that I was a bit rigid, similar to a block of wood indeed. Although, movement is not much of my style, I try not to have a lot of movement during my presentations and speeches, especially when presented formally, because I like to keep myself as the center of all attention, and, from experience, certain topics require a formal ambiance. Whereas, movement may lead to a seemingly informal atmosphere or presentation. Moving on, one thing that I definitely could improve upon is the projection of my voice, and also attempt to remove the "uh" found a few times within the speech. I feel as if I did quite well with my overall proposal, in terms of getting my point across, and also I seemed to be, and felt, noticeably confident with the topic. I performed as well, or bad depending on your opinion, as I thought I was going to. Going into your presentation knowledgeable and confident in your speaking abilities, you will be fine, usually at least. After watching myself give the speech, and allowing a few of my peers to do so as well, I was content with my performance and, rightfully so, proud of myself. Next time I give a speech, whether for this class or another, I will work to improve my movement, and attempt to include a bit more emotion into the presentation, rather than being seemingly adhered to the floor as an emotionless plank nailed to a deck. I believe that my presentation was an overall success, and could possibly, not toot my own horn per se, be viewed as one of the better in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment